First year is over..roller coaster ride!

11:58 AM


Yesterday is the last day of school, well for those who doesn't have liabilities.. I survived my first year of being a fine arts student, it's hard but a hell lot of fun.. Working hard on a plate or assignment and being praised with all your artworks is priceless. I wouldn't exchange anything for this unless it's related :)

Bear with these pictures as this will tell all than my talking.

Session in Bloom is an annual part of Panagbenga celebration in Baguio City, session road is close for a week for tenants of food, RTW, crafts, arts, etc. Ms. Liz, our mentor together with UP fine arts students offers henna, face painting and arts for sale.. I volunteer to do face painting, I love kids and i like to see them smile and happy..

Some pictures of the cutest and adorable kids I met...


I will never forget Andrei! so cute and very polite kid..


They love this cat


Dora!


buttercup


another one


unsold canvas, I made this one

sold to a friend



Garapata man was invited for a talk.. and to initialize the graffiti on FA building


he drew garapata on my canvas bag

Final plates for 2nd sem

edible art, so ephemeral.. it became hazy red.. Inspired by little mermaid



saw dust, cast of my father, title: Chess Master


self portrait 14x20" , poster paint


Impressionism landscape 16 x 20 " Acrylic on canvas

Final plate on Techniques, we need to incorporate our favorite cartoon character in one of the Filipino Painting, I chose Simon Flores Y Dela Rosa " Feeding the Chickens"


Dela Rosa's Feeding the Chickens


my version titled " Ma, anong ulam?"

My amateur artist statement :
If there is a record to track the most uttered word I used since I was a kid, it was the word “Ma”. “Ma, anong ulam? (Mom, what's our viand?)” is an expression I am used to say whenever I woke up, came from school or church. The painting reflects me and my relationship with my mother, as a young girl who always wanted to be on her side, curious of what she is doing, asking questions and trying to mimic the daily chores at home. Zashikibuta is sanrio character first introduced to me 15 years ago, when a friend gifted me a complete set of this pastel colored stationaries. Zashi is a curious but laidback pig, who loves to eat, spends his days making food such as sweets and growing vegetables, also born on the same year as mine, it became my codename from then on. I love zashi as much as I love my mom’s cooking. Being an obsolete character in Sanrio’s store I want to inform people that this is not just an ordinary pig, he still exist and I exist, it embodies me. The painting will also serve as a remembrance, not only of this dainty character but also of my cherished memories with my mother.

detail rooster

As the sem ends, we wanted to go out together, wherever our feet bring us, whatever food we like to eat.. random things.. unplanned trip..


we first ate lunch/snacks at Vocas, OMG(Oh! my gulay) resto-vegetarian.. been eating here for a week and never tired of their scrumptious food.. went to Burham park, ride the roller coaster/ferris wheel , played like kids at the park, ride see saw and swing, rent and ride power ranger colored bikes till sunset, ate desserts at Viscoz then another snack of street food..


strawberry shortcake and blueberry cheesecake, I'll miss these 3 ladies!


Some of them decided to transfer in Manila, some will stay, well I guess it's inevitable, we need to think what's best for us.. they are my friends and I will support them.. Goodluck!

FA2011-sayonara :)



You Might Also Like

0 critics

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images